Schwaben Lug Nut "Protecta" Socket Kit For EV Owners
Actual Price: $39.95 Discounted Price: $31.95
• Safely remove and reinstall lug nuts
• Protective outer sleeve prevents marring and scratching of expensive wheel finishes
• Impact-rated sockets withstand the abuse of high torque requirements without fail
• Includes 17mm, 19mm, and 21mm (Tesla's size) sockets
Appropriate lug nut sockets need to offer uncompromising strength and durability, combined with a soft touch in the right places to ensure painted wheel surfaces aren't damaged during use. Long gone are the days of the four-way tie iron your parents kept in the trunk of the family car: Schwaben's Protecta Socket lug nut socket kit offers a 1/2" drive impact-rated socket encased in a color-coded nylon sleeve. This sleeve, and it's non-marring characteristics, rotates freely around the socket, preventing friction properties from having their way with painted wheel surfaces, and the subsequent damage this causes.
• Includes 17mm, 19mm, and 21mm socket sizes for both your Tesla and other vehicles in your fleet
• Freely-rotating nylon sleeves offer excellent protection against unintended damage
• 6 point hex head for a firm grip on lug nuts in all states of wear
• Blow-molded storage case included
A note on safety:
Impact-rated sockets offer peace of mind in that they will not be the point of failure when using a impact wrench or torque multiplier like a breaker bar to remove stubborn lug nuts, while also allowing for consistent, reliable torque characteristics while reinstalling lug nuts. Never utilize an impact wrench for the setting of final lug nut torque. Over-torquing lug nuts can cause damage to wheels, studs, or nuts, which may pose a safety risk. Always torque Tesla S3XY wheel bolts to 129 lb. ft (175 Nm) - for this, a torque wrench is a handy tool.
The following warning is applicable only for California customers under CA Prop 65:
This product can expose you to a chemical (or chemicals) such as DINP that is known to the State of California to cause cancer (or birth defects or other reproductive harm for cancer and birth techs and other reproductive harm). For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/product.