EVANNEX Ultra-Lightweight Titanium Lug Nut Set for Tesla Owners
Actual Price: $499.95 Discounted Price: $289.95
• Engineered in-house for an ideal balance of high strength, low weight, and excellent corrosion resistance
• 45% reduction in weight over factory open-ended lug nuts
• Open-ended design provides fitment for all OEM and aftermarket wheels
• Great for factory wheel studs and extended studs alike
• Utilizes 21mm head (like factory) and torques down like factory (to 129 ft-lbs)
Our in-house engineered Evannex Ultra-Lightweight Titanium Lug Nuts for Tesla Owners are direct fit replacements for and compatible with all Tesla vehicles with factory wheels as well as all conical-seat aftermarket wheels. Keeping your wheels safe and secure on your Tesla is vital and these have been designed with safety and reliability in mind. Opposed to the 2-piece style factory lug nuts that Tesla provides — these are 1-piece making them more durable and less prone to break, while offering substantial weight savings and reduction in rotational mass.
There are a number of excellent lug nut options on the market for your Tesla, all have their trade-offs. Some considerations:
• Are the lug nuts failure-prone 2-piece design or reliable 1-piece? (These are 1-piece!)
• Are the lug nuts close-ended, which limits lug stud length, or open-ended which allows for the use of wheel spacers? (These are open-ended!)
• Are the lug nuts manufactured from steel (heavy and corrosion-prone), aluminum (weak) or titanium (strong and corrosion-resistant)? (These are grade 5 6Al-4V titanium and save nearly a pound - 1.95 vs 1.1lbs - over factory open-ended nuts. Even more over close-ended nuts. Nuts!)
• Do the lug nuts use a different socket use an inconvenient proprietary socket or do they use a factory 21mm socket? (These use a 21mm socket!)
• Are the lug nuts only available in full sets or are single replacements available? (These are available in singles to replace lost or damaged nuts. Email us!)
Why is weight important and how are these so light?
Rotational mass (including wheels, tires, axles, brake rotors - and lug nuts) and unsprung weight (anything riding on the "wheel-side" of the suspension) both have an outsized impact on performance, ride quality, and/or efficiency versus mass on the body or other sprung weight. Much like a gyroscope, rotational mass requires more energy to redirect or accelerate, meaning heavy wheels, rotors, etc, result in a poorer quality ride, slower and less efficient acceleration, less efficient braking. More mass means systems within your Tesla have to work that much harder to do what they are designed to do.
6Al-4V titanium is both stronger than common steel, as well as 45% lighter. This means less material can be used to achieve the same mechanical properties of a stock lug nut, with significantly less weight. This results in less weight, specifically less unsprung and less rotational mass as described above. In the racing community, this is described as "adding lightness".
Compatible with OEM wheels (including hub and lug covers) and all conical seat aftermarket wheels. Thoroughly clean threads prior to install. Torque to 129 ft-lb.